Dining Club Events 2014
See forthcoming Dining Club events and buy tickets online here.
12-16 September 2014
Vintage vacations Food Weekend
There’s camping, there’s glamping - and then there’s the awesomeness that is staying in a vintage Airstream caravan. On the wonderful Isle of Wight. Does it get any better than that?
Well, actually it does! We promised you one or two special events this summer, and we've got a cracking one to start with. We're working with the Isle of Wight’s renowned vintage holiday specialists Vintage Vacations to bring you a weekend of camping, exploring and, of course, eating.
Stay in your own vintage Airstream caravan, with campsite cooking from the Isle of Wight Bacon Company on the night of your arrival. Then spend Saturday exploring the Island's boutique shops, head to the beach or enjoy a bespoke M&C food tour. But don’t forget to leave room for the gala dinner at the Isle of Wight’s most prestigious restaurant, The Hambrough (yes, really!) This three-course banquet - with extra surprises - is the highlight of the weekend and a treat you’ll definitely want to indulge in.
Bookings and more info via
Vintage Vacations website
Note: this is a revised date - you asked, we listened!
- Weekend of fabulous food and vintage fun: 12th to 16th September 2014.
- Two night’s accommodation in a superb vintage caravan – with a third night FREE!
- FREE car ferry travel for up to four people (Wightlink routes – Lymington or Portsmouth) worth up to £128!
- Meet and greet intro with us!
- Friday night: ‘Airstream Cookout’ with The Isle of Wight Bacon Co.
- Barbecue and tasty crêpes (we've been to one of these brilliant events and we loved it!)
- Saturday: daytime exploration of the beautiful Isle of Wight. Eat, drink, shop! Includes option of self-guided bespoke food tour which we are busy devising right now.
- Saturday night: three course gala dinner held at the illustrious Hambrough, Ventnor. Cheeky extras and transport included.
- Sunday: recovery time!
- Optional ‘greedy ramblers’ walk led by us.
- Sunday night: optional extra night stay AT NO COST.
Includes car ferry if you need it, transport to and from the Hambrough, insider knowledge, and diverse vintage pleasures. Yes really, all of the above is included in the price!
Cost £245 per person (based on two sharing an Airstream*), including ferry, and dinner on Friday and Saturday nights. And, if you're already on the Isle of Wight - you lucky person you - then treat yourself to a staycation. We've stayed in Vintage Vacations' Airstreams and can confirm that they're brilliant!
*discount available for three to four sharing an Airstream
Early bird discount? Why, yes! Book before 1st August and the price will be just £235 per head!
If you want a Dining Club Card as well you can buy a card on the night, and it will be valid for two people for a whole year, getting you and a friend great discounts for an entire year. All events require prebooking and are limited numbers. Some events are exclusively for Dining Club cardholders, and some are open to all. When events are popular, members get priority for booking tickets.
These are the event details correct as at 29th July, 2014.
Check this page regularly to see the latest updates. Sign up to our email newsletter to hear new events and offers from Matt and Cat; plus loads of interesting gossip and other stuff that doesn't appear on our website.
If you use PayPal to pay for a card or event ticket the email associated with the account will be placed on our mailing list. If you don't want to be on the list let us know, we will take you off right away.
More events coming up
12-16 September Vintage Vacations Food Weekend
August - special event
25 September 2014 - tba
30 October 2014 - Burr's, Newport
27 November 2014 - Ryde Thai
December - no event
Matt and Cat's newsletter
Wondering what you'd be getting? See a few previous newsletters here.
Want some more like that in your inbox? OK! Sign up.
Download these PDF documents if you want to read more, and yes, it includes the small print:
Want to know more, or get in touch? Contact Matt and Cat